Presentation and Videos from Past Event
Presentation: Exploring New Zealand’s Hydrogen Potential
Exploring New Zealand’s Hydrogen Potential
18 Nov |
At the is event we had Meridian Energy and Contact Energy sharing their vision and feasibility study to develop a green hydrogen plant in New Zealand.
Exploring New Zealand’s Hydrogen PotentialEvent Date:
18th Nov 2021Description:
At the is event we had Meridian Energy and Contact Energy sharing their vision and feasibility study to develop a green hydrogen plant in New Zealand. A vision to develop a market leading, export focused green hydrogen plant which will ultimately support the development and decarbonisation of both the domestic and overseas economies and help New Zealand’s transition to a 100 per cent renewable electricity generation system. While the hydrogen production is not economic currently, various factors could align in New Zealand and around the world to make it so.
The presentation included:
- The International market scan by McKinsey & Co, confirming international opportunity in growth market
- The Technical feasibility study to understand how to build a plant, the key risks and potential costs
- The Assessment of the extent to which flexible hydrogen production could support the NZ electricity system in a dry year
- Mike Fuge, CEO, Contact Energy
- Guy Waipara, GM Development, Meridian Energy